Places of Interest on the Isle of Skye
Skye Activities & Information
- Skye The Island & Lochalsh - All about the region, things to do, what's on.
- Isle of Skye Events Diary - A calendar of events on the island.
- Aros Centre - The best of Scottish music, books, culture and heritage in Portree. Very good on a rainy day.
- Dunvegan Castle - Stronghold of the Chiefs of MacLeod for nearly 800 years.
- The Isle of Skye Brewing Company - Old fashioned beer from this Skye brewery.
- Talisker Distillery - A brief history of the famous whisky distillery in Carbost, Skye.
- The Isle of Skye Trekking Centre - Provides horse riding, pony trekking and riding lessons for adults and children of all ages and abilities.
- Skye Serpentarium - Serpentarium reptile world and exhibition centre.
- Skyak Adventures - Kayaking on the Isle of Skye.
- Skyesalmon.co.uk - The best salmon fishing on Skye.
- The Skye Museum of Island Life - Thatched croft houses depicting life on the Isle of Skye in times gone by.
- Staffin Museum - Small community-based museum best known for its collection of Dinosaur remains found on the Trotternish Peninsula. Archaelogical and social history collections.
- Isle of Skye Toy Museum - The award winning toy museum in Glendale.
- Isle of Skye Falconry - Falconry centre promoting awareness of birds and the environment.
- Bella Jane Boat Trips - No visit to the Isle of Skye is complete without a trip on the award winning Bella Jane in Elgol.
- Misty Isle Boat Trips - The Misty Isle sails twice daily from Elgol, everyday except Sunday from April to October.
Walking on Skye
- Hillwalking in Scotland - Connery's Scottish Walks.
- Skye Walking Holidays - Guided or independent walks and much more.
- Walking in Trotternish - Impressions of walking on the Trotternish Ridge.
- Skye Birds - A birding guide to the Island of Skye.
- Birds of Trotternish - Detailed notes on birds to be found on north Skye.
- The Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust - Caring for Scotland's whales, dolphins and seals.
- Eilean Bàn Trust - Gavin Maxwell's last house restored and managed on this island by the trust. Museum and resident otter community.
- International Otter Survival Fund - Global charity for the conservation of the otter, based on the Isle of Skye.
- Skye Flora - List of flowering plants and ferns recorded as growing wild on the Isle of Skye.
Good Food & Accommodation on Skye
- Three Chimneys Restaurant - One of Scotland's most favourite restaurants, with a worldwide following.
- Stein Inn - An eighteenth-century inn and the oldest inn on Skye.
- Lochbay Seafood Restaurant - Fine seafood restaurant in Lochbay, Stein.
- Creelers Seafood Restaurant - One of the best known and most popular seafood restaurants on Skye.
- The Ferry Inn - Bar meals, restaurant and accommodation at this friendly inn at Uig.
- Isle of Skye Accommodation - Bed & Breakfast, Self Catering Cottages and Hotels directory of the Isle of Skye.
Arts & Crafts on Skye
- Eye of Skye - Photography of the Isle of Skye, fine art prints for sale online.
- Skyelight Candles - Hand crafted candles made on, and inspired by the beauty of, the mystical Isle of Skye.
- Skye Knives - Family business making handmade custom knives.
- Isle of Skye Crafts - Scottish Counted Cross Stitch kits designed and produced on the Isle of Skye.
- Laurence Broderick - Perhaps best known for his work studying and sculpting otters, Laurence carries the nomenclature as ‘The Otter Man of Skye’.